1. Course objectives
The program objective is to develop human resources for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering at international standard to meet the industrial demand nationally and regionally.
The program entails in depth knowledge and hand-on experience on aircraft, engines and operating systems.
The program follows the International Civil Aviation Organization - (ICAO) framework and recommended practices regulated by the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA) and falls in line with the curriculum of NACTE.
2. Course duration
Basic Certificate: 1 year Full
Certificate: 2 years
Diploma: 3 years
On Job Training: 8 weeks for each level
3. Course Content:
A. Fundamental modules
- Fundamentals related to aviation sciences
- Shop fundamentals and practices
- Fundamentals of electricity, electronics and digital technology
- Use of tools, machines and equipment
- Aviation regulations
- Human performance
- Aircraft design and construction
- Power plants design and construction
B. Core Modules
- Materials, hardware and processes
- Aircraft structure
- Aircraft landing gears and retraction system
- Aircraft flight controls and system
- Aircraft fuel system
- Aircraft power – electrical hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Aircraft Environmental systems- air condition, pressurization and oxygen.
- Aircraft protection systems- Fire, Ice and
- Aircraft and power plant instrumentation
- Aircraft safety and emergency equipment and systems
- Aircraft navigation and communication equipment
- Aircraft equipment
- Power plant -piston
- Power plant- turbine
- Engine air induction, fuel and control system
- Engine Ignition and starting system
- Aircraft propellers
- Ground handling procedures and support equipment
C. Shop Projects Work
Practical projects in applicable shops and items of equipment, is an essential part of the programmer, allowing a student to develop his/her practical skills in applications.
D. Applied practical maintenance
Applied practical maintenance is On Job Training -OJT on flyable aircraft, engines, systems and items of equipment.
4. Recommended candidates
- Advanced level Certificate of Education with a principal pass in any science subjects
- Ordinary certificate with at least two credit passes in science subjects.
- Must be able to communicate in spoken and written English
- Certificate of Education
- Job resume
International candidates: subject to equivalence verification by NECTA
- College certificate
- JP International Diploma c) TCCA License
6. Career prospects
The aviation sector is fast growing; this provides career opportunities for qualified candidates
- Air Operators.
- Approved Maintenance Organizations AMO.